40 Aroona Court, Forrest
|4 Beds||2 Baths||Approx 3.5 Hectares||9 car spaces|
Filled with character this large, charming and unique mudbrick home is located to ensure privacy, while making the most of breath-taking views across the Otway ranges. Every room offers its own unique outlook. Relaxing on the expansive deck, taking in the delightful ever changing views is truly living the tree change dream.
Spacious, light-filled, beautifully presented and perfectly positioned on 8.5 acres of established gardens and trees, this well-built and exceptionally comfortable homestead is the refreshing escape from city life. Featuring high pitched ceilings, large living rooms, timber and slate flooring, quality locally sourced timber throughout, four bedrooms, master with ensuite and the most stunning of lofts with ample room to create an incredible office, playroom or retreat. Outdoors the covered alfresco area and extensive deck surrounding the pool this family home is ideal for entertaining.
Whether it be the peaceful surrounds, resident birdlife and kangaroos, scope for ponies, pets, gardening or tradies with machinery, there is plenty here to capture the heart.
This property is only minutes to the microbrewery and new restaurant Dar Teta in the local town of Forrest, home also to the world-renowned Yaugher equestrian and mountain bike trails. Situated on the edge of the Otway ranges it is within easy distance to Birregurra and Brae (world renowned restaurant) and the growing regional town of Colac. Daily buses also offer transport to the private schools in both Colac and Geelong.
For the beach and ocean lovers Apollo Bay, Lorne and an array of superb beaches along the great Southwest coast of Victoria are all easily accessible with Skenes Creek being the closest - a short 30 minute drive.
• Outstanding views, large wrap around decking
• Ample room to accommodate family and friends
• Work remotely, study or read in style in the office retreat, satellite internet available.
• Holiday rental opportunities
• Mudbrick and locally sourced timber
• Fully equipped kitchen with Rayburn cooker and warming oven, double oven and dishwasher
• Wood fireplace
• 2 Split System Air Conditioners
• 3 generous bedrooms downstairs with a 4th bedroom and office upstairs
• Master bedroom features ensuite and walk in robe
• Large main bathroom with sunken bath
• Swimming pool with expansive deck
• 3 Car garage/shed on a concrete slab with power and work benches.
• 3 Bay Woodshed
• Machinery shed
• Studio/shack with two rooms – brimming with potential
• Abundant water supply; 3 main tanks approx. 100,000 litres
• Established fruit orchards, Olive trees, Citrus (lemons and oranges), raspberry patch and veggie patch ready for new owners
• Carefully planned landscaping with multiple breakout areas
• Only minutes from; Forrest Primary School, Forrest General Store, Platypi Chocolate, Forrest Brewing Company and Terminus Hotel.
• 20 minutes from everything the delightful town of Colac has to offer. Secondary school bus at end of Aroona Court
• 35 minutes to Apollo Bay
• 45 minutes to Lorne
• 1 hour to Geelong
• 1 hour and 20 minutes to Avalon Airport
• 2 hours to Melbourne
100,000 litres water storage, 3 car garage, Studio, Workshop, Fire sprinkling system on house