19 Harrison Street, Marengo
|3 Beds||1 Bath||Approx 557 Square metres||4 car spaces|
Perfectly proportioned 3 bedroom beach house just 50 metres from the golden sands and safe swimming and surfing at Marengo beach.
Designed and built by architect David MacDonald in the 1990s, this home sits in perfect harmony with its environment capturing superb ocean views in the tightly-held enclave, on the coveted Marengo headland.
The cedar-clad house captures the sun-drenched northern aspect and is full of natural light. Recently refurbished to a high standard this property is architecturally significant and distinctive, both inside and out.
Soak up the ambience of this wonderful location, while relaxing to soothing sounds of crashing waves. Experience captivating sunrises and sunsets through floor to ceiling windows, in both upper and lower levels.
Upstairs the open plan boasts a barrel-vaulted ceiling. The overall effect is a sense of space and unique living/dining/kitchen enjoyment, in a relaxed, nautical setting. Window and deck positioning optimises magnificent views. Dual external access to both the upstairs and downstairs allow for an easy efficient flow from the outdoors.
The main deck echoes a ship’s bow and extends across the front of the house and along the eastern external wall to take in the sweeping views, including Otway hills, Cape Patton, Bass Strait, Mounts Bay and offshore reefs. The deck is covered for all-year-round protection and easy entertaining. Its design allows for unfettered ocean views, even in the wildest of coastal weather.
The bedrooms downstairs feature angled walls and captured light. The main bathroom and separate WC have been skilfully refurbished and are aesthetically and functionally pleasing.
Inspection is by appointment or at advertised times.
• Designed and built by award-winning architect
• Excellent ocean views
• North facing, energy efficient, built to last
• Open plan, kitchen dining and living
• Updated kitchen with new waterfall stone benchtops
• New European cooking appliances, LED lighting and HWS
• Stylish gas log fire
• Outdoor BBQ area
• Low maintenance – inside and out
• landscaped garden
• Smaller third bedroom or your home office
• Renovated and redecorated - just move in - nothing to spend
• Ocean side of the Great Ocean Road
• On the peak of the Marengo headland
• A stone throw from the beach - no roads to cross
• Sits opposite the Great Ocean Walk
• Front row house overlooking the Marengo Reefs Marine Sanctuary
• Sought-after, upmarket, quiet, private and peaceful seaside spot
• Two kilometres from the hustle and bustle of Apollo Bay.
• Enviable community, recreational and lifestyle facilities and services in Apollo Bay and nearby Colac abound
• World-renowned iconic natural attractions at your doorstop
• An easy walk or few minutes bike ride to vibrant Apollo Bay shops, restaurants and pubs
• Create lifelong memories and take in the:
ambience of crashing breakers storming over Hayley Point at the end of Harrison Street;
tranquil yet vibrant shimmering of Bass Strait waters;
seals frolicking on the outer reef;
passing boats and ships and the occasional whale all from the comfort of The Helm
• Relatively flat block ideal for an avid gardener
• Ample off street parking for your cars, boat or van.
You will not be disappointed – seize this opportunity to buy.
Gas wood fire, Ocean Views, 50 meters to beach